The economy’s taking a serious toll on the dating game, according to THIS story in the Washington Post. Some guys are cutting back, “spending more time at networking events, happy hours, with their guy friends — trying to get leads on jobs, rather than spending it on women,” while others are soldiering on despite lighter wallets, and the weaker game that can result.
Networking or dating, here are some quick tips to keep up appearances during these tough times:
• Get your tailor and cobbler to breathe new life into old gear. And don’t forget about the master tie tailors at Tie Crafters.
• If you haven’t already, invest in a pair of dark fit raw-denim from, say, A.P.C. They look sharp with everything, go anywhere except the boardroom, never need to be cleaned, and last forever.
• Speaking of cleaning, buy and wear shirts that don’t come with a dry-cleaning bill from, say, Steven Alan, or Brooks Brothers.
• Stick to the classics — A fresh and fit white button-down or T; Ray-Ban Aviators or Wayfarers; Sperry top-siders or Bass loafers… it’s all good.
• And, last but certainly not least, let The Beggar — and The Beggar community — direct you to the best sales and deals at any given moment.